A Simple Stressless Christmas
Christmas is approaching. It seems to come faster every year, but please don’t STRESS. Let’s leave the stress out of Christmas this year. Christmas should be a joyful time with family and friends. It was never meant to be for OVER spending, OVER stressing, and OVER eating (LOL).
For my family, we celebrate the birth of Jesus on Christmas. Of course, we decorate our homes, give gifts, and indulge in delicious food, but we don’t over do it. Please don’t fall into the trap of overspending and stressing…it’s not necessary for a joyous holiday. You will enjoy the holiday even more if you keep things simple!
Ways to keep Christmas simple:
- Set a budget and adhere to that limit
- Plan for gift giving – make a list people to gift and set a maximum amount for each gift
- Make handmade gifts or baked goods for gifts
- Adorn your house with decorations from last year, buy from thrift stores, or make your own decorations
- Buy groceries on sale and clip coupons
- Limit activities – Try not to commit to too many holiday gatherings
- Organize yourself – Avoid stress by planning ahead and staying organized
- Rethink habits – Give up something you’ve done in the past that isn’t necessary
- Enlist help – Ask those you are celebrating with to help with food
- Remind yourself of the reason for the season
Remember if you can reduce and relax, you will find yourself truly enjoying Christmas. Make fond memories with those you love, and remember the reason for the season.