Southeast Michigan Halloween Happenings 2018
Mrs. Weber’s Neighborhood Livingston County Halloween Events
Mom Among Chaos Macomb County Halloween Events
Metro Detroit Mommy Oakland County Halloween Events
Ann Arbor With Kids Washtenaw County Halloween Events
Redesigning Happiness Wayne County Halloween Events
Halloween will be here before we know it and some Halloween activities take place in September! I’ve teamed up with the above writers to bring you this comprehensive list. Please be sure to click on the title of the events for more information. If you are interested in other counties in Southeast Michigan, please visit the blogs above.
Wayne County Happenings
- Address: Downtown Romulus
- Phone: 734-955-4577
- Time: See FB page for schedule
- Cost: Varies
- Description: The annual Pumpkin Festival is a 3 day event that starts on the third Friday in September. The festival begins with a night parade where everything is lighted from bicycles to cement trucks. Thousands of people line Goddard Road to wait for the fun. The street festival offers wonderful music, food, crafts and games for all ages. You can enter a pumpkin rolling, pumpkin pie eating or a pumpkin seed-spitting contest. Visit or enter the Classic Car Show, our classic Tractor Show or just relax and listen to music. The festival is a celebration of friends and family; a harvest celebration that generates enthusiastic spirit and regenerates our sense of Community.
Sept. 21 & 22
- Address: 15145 Beech Daly Rd, Redford, MI 48239
- Phone: 313-387-2650
- Time: Fri from 6 pm-11 pm; Sat from 1 pm-11 pm
- Cost: Free
- Description: Two days of live entertainment, authentic German food and beverages, hay rides, and German-style games for the adults.
DeBuck’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch (Belleville)
Sept. 15-Oct. 29 (Fridays-Sundays)
- Address: 50240 Martz Rd, Belleville, MI 48111
- Phone: 734-260-0334
- Times: Fridays from 3 pm-8 pm, Saturdays from 10-8 pm, Sundays from 10 am-6 pm
- Cost: General admission: $13.00 (24 months and older), Seniors: $11.00 (over 65), ages 23 months and under FREE with paid adult; Active Military & First Responders (Police, Fire & EMT) with ID $11.00
- Description: Corn maze admission includes: 13-acre corn maze, wagon ride to pumpkin patch, campfire, bounce pad, tire play area, swings, duck races, barrel rides, double trouble slide, pedal go carts, bouncy balls, super slide, bounce house, and pedal trikes.
Pumpkin Patch in the Pool (Canton)
- Address: Summit on the Park, 46000 Summit Parkway, Canton, MI 48188
- Time: 6-8:30 pm
- Cost: $14 member, $17 resident, $20 non-resident
- Description: Tired of searching those dusty fields for your perfect pumpkin to carve or decorate? Here’s a fun spin on the tradition – a patch in the pool just for you! In addition to pumpkins, there will be a few more fun activities planned that day. So, come out Thursday, October 5 at 6:00 p.m. Don’t forget your suit, towel and friends and make an evening of it! Hunt for your perfect pumpkin in the pool and then deck it out at our decorating station with all sorts of fun crafts! Plus, enjoy apple cider and donuts and the pool will be open for pumpkin-splashing fun.
Wayne County Parks Halloween Festival (Westland)
- Address: Nankin Mills Park, 33175 Ann Arbor Trail, Westland 48185
- Time: 1-3 pm
- Cost: Free
- Description: Games, entertainment, hayrides, candy and fun await the children at this FREE special event.
Wilson Barn Pumpkin Fest (Livonia)
- Address: 29350 W. Chicago Rd, Livonia, MI 48154
- Phone: 734-427-4311
- Times: 10 am – 7 pm
- Cost: $1, fees for some activities
- Description: Don’t miss Pumpkin Fest at The Wilson Barn, 29350 West Chicago Street and Middle Belt Road. The fall event runs October 1 – 30 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (every day weather permitting) Daily activities include: pumpkin, gourd and cornstalk sales; pony and hayrides from noon to 7 p.m. Special activities including cider, donuts, refreshments and crafts on Saturdays and Sundays, October 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, and 28 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Halloween Extravaganza (Plymouth)
October 6-28 (Saturdays & Sundays)
- Address: 135 E. Main, Northville, MI 48167
- Phone: 248-349-8110
- Times: Saturdays Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27 at 2:30 pm; Sundays Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28 at 2:30 pm; Friday Oct. 26 at 7:00 pm
- Cost: $9
- Children in costumes welcome
- Description: Watch as the most talented ghouls take the stage and compete in the Halloween Extravaganza. A Halloween Talent show you will never forget!
Hallowe’en in Greenfield Village (Dearborn)
October 12-14, 18-21, and 25-28
- Address: 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn, MI 48124
- Phone: 313-982-6001
- Times: 6:30-10 pm
- Cost: Adult and youth (2-11) members $14.50, non-members $17; children under 2 free
- Experience includes:
- More Than 1,000 Hand-Carved Pumpkins
- Costumed Characters
- Dramatic Performances
- Treat Stations
- Live Music
- The Top Hat Sideshow – A Carnival Vaudeville Act!
- Hot Brew and Snacks
- The Headless Horseman
- Discounted Pricing for Members of The Henry Ford
Maybury Farm Corn Maze (Northville)
Sept. 14 – October 28 (Fridays-Sundays)
- Address: Maybury Farm, 50165 8 Mile Rd., Northville, MI 48167
- Phone: 248-374-0200
- Time: Friday from 5 pm-10 pm; Saturday from noon-10 pm; Sunday from noon-7 pm
- Cost: $9 per person, kids 2 and under free.
- Description: Enjoy Maybury Farm’s corn maze and help support the Farm! The funds raised from the maze are used to help support the work of the Farm and their mission of connecting the community to animals and agriculture. This year they have a brand new maze design and a new theme – Farmers Feed Families! Watch their Facebook page for the reveal! The full maze is 9-acres and will take about 60 minutes to complete. They also have three games to play inside the maze and a game sheet included with your admission. New this year will be a Kiddie Maze that is approximately 1-acre and takes about 20 minutes to complete. Kiddos can play the “Finger Find” game inside the kiddie maze. As always, they will be raffling off some great prizes for everyone who completes the maze games.
The corn maze includes a tractor drawn wagon ride out to the corn maze with pick-up and drop-off approximately every 20 minutes. When you’ve completed the maze, jump back on the wagon to ride back to the farm and enjoy some delicious Parmenter’s cider and donuts. Or take a walk out to their U-Pick Pumpkin Patch and find the perfect jack-o-lantern! The barn will be filled with working farm animals is open until 7:00 pm nightly to have a final visit with the animals before they close for the season. Come on out for a fun night this fall on the Farm!
Skeletons are Alive (Northville)
- Address: Downtown Northville, 215 W Main St, Northville, MI 48167
- Cost: Free
- Description: 2018 “Skeletons Are Alive!” will feature an unveiling of 8-10
new skeletons, as well as the return of many of the classic skeleton characters. Celebrate October with festive fun and activities, and more than 120 skeletons located along the streets of Downtown Northville until October 31! Skeleton festivities will be held on theFirst Friday, October 6, from 5:00-9:00 pm in Town Square and will include performances by a local dance company, food trucks, street performers and live music.
Halloween Forest Fun Hike (Westland)
- Address: 33175 Ann Arbor Trail, Westland, MI 48185
- Phone: 734-261-1990
- Times: Register for one start time: 5:30 pm, 6 pm, 6:30 pm, 7:00 pm, or 7:30 pm. The program is 1½ – 2 hours long
- Cost: $6 per child and $2 per adult for Wayne County residents
- Description: Take a guided night hike to meet our “not-so-scary” and “sort-of-silly” nature characters and receive Halloween prizes and treats! The outdoor hike for ages 4 and older is about 45 minutes, followed by an indoor live animal show to meet creatures from around the world. Pre-registration is required by calling (734) 261-1990.
Skullman’s Ghastly Garage (Canton)
- Address: 1323 Heritage Dr, Canton 48188
- Time: 7 pm – ?
- Cost: One can of food for Gleaners Food Bank
- Description: Come experience 700 Square Feet of Insane, Spine Tingling Terror. Walk through a maze of rooms that will electrify your senses and leave you screaming in terror. Don’t Panic! This is a free walk-through haunted house located in my driveway and garage. Come early with your little ghosts and goblins. Think you’re Brave??? Come later if you dare!
- Address: Recreation Center at Hillside Gym
- Time: 4-6 pm
- Cost: $8 (Registration Deadline: Fri, October 19 at 4:30pm)
- Description: Get ready for a spooky, frightful, family friendly, delightful event! Enjoy a trick or treat trail, crafts, entertainment, and a Haunted Hallway! Candy, games, balloons, music…..who could ask for more?? Advance ticket sales are sold by specific event time. Please arrive at the event entrance a few minutes before you scheduled time to check in. NO on-site registration will be available. Costumes and trick-or-treat bags are highly recommended!
Monster Mash (Canton)
- Address: Cherry Hill Village
- Time: 7:30-10:30 pm
- Cost: $15 resident, $20 non-resident
- Description: This is an adult Halloween Party with live entertainment, games, costume contest, cash bar and refreshments. Tickets will go on sale Sept 4. Purchase your tickets online at www.cantonvillagetheater.org by calling 734/394-5300, or by visiting in person at the box office M-F 10 am-2 pm
Harvest Festival Trunk or Treat (Westland)
- Address: Jefferson-Barns Community Vitality Center, 32150 Dorsey
- Time: noon – 3 pm
- Cost: Free
- Description: Pumpkin painting, lunch, petting zoo, Trick or treating and many more fun activities. For more information please call 734-595-0288.
Pumpkin Palooza (Plymouth)
- Address: Downtown Plymouth
- Phone: 734-453-1540
- Time: noon-2:30 pm
- Cost: Free
- Description: Come and enjoy a safe and haunted Halloween experience. Pumpkin Palooza is a family fun Halloween extravaganza with games, costume contests, dancing, entertainment, petting zoo, and candy.
Tiny Pumpkins (Northville)
- Gym at Northville Community Center, 303 W. Main Street, Northville, MI 48167
- Time: 4 pm – 5 pm
- Cost: $8 per child
- Description: Have a “FANG”tastic time at our not-so-spooky Halloween Event! Enjoy a magician, pumpkin decorating, cider and donuts, and a costume contest for the tiny pumpkins! Parents & Grandparents are welcome at no charge.
- Address: Northville Winery and Brewing Co., 630 Baseline Rd, Northville, MI 48167
- Time: 6-11 pm
- Cost: Depends on purchases
- Description: Annual Halloween Costume Party! Slows To Go will be serving up their popular BBQ and sides and Social Bones will be performing! There will be a costume contest, cider and beer tap releases and more. This is a free, 21 and older event and will be outdoors if weather permits.
- Address: Downtown Northville
- Time: 9:30-11:30 am
- Cost: Free
- Description: Kids’ Costume Parade begins at the Northville Community Center, 303 West Main Street, at 9:30am and walks into downtown, with a special parade escort by Preservation Dental’s Tooth Fairy. Main and Center Street businesses will be open to trick or treaters as the Parade of Costumes walks into Northville till 11:30am, with some additional treat stations and activities. The event is free and sponsored by the Chamber, NCBA, DDA, and others.
- Address: The Summit, 46000 Summit Parkway, Canton, MI 48188
- Phone: 734-394-5460
- Time: 5 pm-8 pm
- Cost: Pre-sale Tickets Only (available at the Summit on the Park) Oct. 1 – 25; Summit Members $6; Canton residents $7 per child; Non-Residents $11 Per Child
- Description: Show off your Halloween costume while you travel along our themed-path collecting goodies and surprises! Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children during this special event.
Shadows from the Past Halloween Event (Livonia)
- Address: Greenmead Historical Park, 20501 Newburgh Road, Livonia, MI 48154
- Phone: (248) 477-7375
- Time: 5 pm-7:30 pm (Sessions run every 15 minutes and will be approximately one hour long)
- Cost: Tickets are $6 and must be purchased in advance.
- Description: Have frightfully good time at the Shadows From the Past Halloween Walk at Greenmead. Trick or treat at the village houses during this family-friendly event. Goodies and treats will be available for everyone. Costumes and flashlights are encouraged. Enjoy refreshments at the end of the tour at the Friends Meeting House.
Monster’s Ball Detroit 2017 (Detroit)
- Address: The Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
- Phone: 313-961-5451
- Time: 9 pm-2 am
- Cost: General admission $20; VIP $50
- Description: ADULTS ONLY – Detroit’s largest Halloween party, haunted circus performances, DJ, fortune tellers, govana dancers. Event Info and Presale Tickets: MonstersBallDetroit.com
Woodhaven Hallohaven (Woodhaven)
- Address: Woodhaven Community Ctr, 23101 Hall Rd, Woodhaven, MI 48183
- Phone: 734-675-4926
- Time: 10 am-1 pm
- Cost: Varies
- Description: Trunk or Treat, animal shows, hay rides, petting farm, pony rides, inflatables, comedy magic shows, balloon twisting, crafts, and refreshments (check website for schedule)
Truck or Treat Calvary Baptist Church (Canton)
- Address: 43065 Joy Rd, Canton, MI 48187
- Phone: 734-455-0022
- Time: 4 pm – 6 pm
- Cost: Free
- Description: Kids, bring your parents for a great afternoon of candy, costumes, inflatables, a photo booth, and all sorts of fun. Get your costume for Halloween ready to go and come out for a great day. There will be a parking lot full of elaborately decorated cars packed with candy and goodies. Stop by the photo booth to get your picture taken. Grab a cookie and take a bounce on the inflatable. Bring your family by and have some fun with us. Prizes will be given out every 30 minutes!
Woodhaven’s 5K Monster Mash Run (Woodhaven)
- Address: 23101 Hall Rd, Woodhaven, MI 48183
- Phone: 734-675-3000
- Time: 9 am- 12 pm
- Cost: $30; race day registration $35
- Description: Costumes encouraged. Proceeds from this years race benefit “Shop with a Hero”. Prizes for best costumes.
Wicked Halloween Run (Plymouth)
- Address: Kellogg Park, 777 W. Ann Arbor Trail, Plymouth, MI 48170
- Phone: 734- 455-6620
- Time: See website for event times
- Cost: Registration fees vary based on the event
- Description: 10K, 5K Run/Walk, Monster Mile – Sign up and wear a Costume! A Halloween-themed annual race event you will not want to miss because you will experience a spooktacular wicked good time!
- Address: Downtown Belleville
- Time: 5-7 pm
- Cost: Free
- Description: Trick or treat at local businesses. Costume contest at 6 pm.