Southeast Michigan Summer Concert Series 2018
Southeast Michigan Summer Concert Series
Summer is just around the corner and soon the kids will be out of school! In Southeast Michigan, we are blessed to have a wide variety of FREE concerts. I’ve teamed up with three other blogger friends to bring you Southeast Michigan Summer Concert Series.
Please be sure to check out the other counties by using the following links:
Mrs. Weber’s Neighborhood Livingston County Summer Concert Series
Mom Among Chaos Macomb County Summer Concert Series
Metro Detroit Mommy Oakland County Summer Concert Series
Ann Arbor With Kids Washtenaw County Summer Concert Series
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Dates: Tuesdays, July 17 – August 14
Place: Heritage Park
- July 17: Gratitude Steel Band
- July 24: Melissa and Jake
- Aug 31: Guy Louis
- Aug 7: Gemini
- Aug 14: Matt Watroba
Time: 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Dates: Thursdays, June 28 – August 16
Place: Amphitheater of Heritage Park
- Jun 28: Drop 3rd Strike- Oldies, Country, & Punk
with Pre Show Violin Performance (7:00-7:30)
- Jul 5: NO CONCERT
- Jul 12: Mainstream Drive– Top Hits, Disco, and Motown
- Jul 19: The Randy Brock Group– Blues
- Jul 26: Balduck Mountain Ramblers- Folk and Bluegrass
- Aug 2: Power Play Detroit– Classic Rock
- Aug 9: Laughing Madmen – Rock and Roll
- Aug 16: PanaMo – Latin Jazz
Jazz on the Avenue – Not yet updated
Time: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Place: City Hall Park, at 13615 Michigan Avenue between Schaefer Rd. and Maple Rd.
Time: 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Dates: Fridays, July 13 – August 17
Place : Plaza behind the GM Renaissance Center on the Detroit Riverfront
- July 13 – Vince Neil of Mötley Crüe
- July 20 – Uncle Kracker
- July 27 – John Kay and Steppenwolf
- Aug. 3 – Starship featuring Mickey Thomas
- Aug. 10 – Survivor
- Aug. 17 – War
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Place: Village Festival Plaza, Kercheval Avenue and St. Clair Street
- June 14 — North and South jazz bands, sponsored by Dirty Dog Jazz Cafe.
- June 21 — Kufflinks, Detroit’s own sing-along parlor band with acoustic renditions of tunes from the 1800s to the present.
- June 28 — Planet D Nonet, led by Grosse Pointe’s RJ Spangler. Planet D Nonet is Detroit’s own down and dirty little big band reminiscent of when swing made jazz music’s most popular era.
- July 5 — Detroit Social Club, a funky mix of blues, Motown, classic soul and R&B.
- July 12 — Paul Carey Organ Group, serving up swingin’ blues, funky grooves and soulful serenading featuring vocalist Benny Reeves.
- July 19 — Tartarsauce Traditional Jazz Band, Detroit’s liveliest jazz band, the official band of the Detroit Tigers and the traditional jazz band at Greenfield Village.
- July 27 — The Sun Messengers, performing on a special Friday night date, have been a crowd pleaser on the series and one of the most popular groups in the Detroit area since 1980.
- Aug. 3 — The Paul King Quartet, influenced by jazz, swing and soul crooners, but with a classic sound of their own.
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Dates: Thursdays, June 15 – August 30
Place: Livonia City Hall located at Five Mile and Farmington Roads
- July 26: Earth Angels – Oldies
- August 2: Motor City Soul
- August 30: Emerging Soul – a Top 40s, Motown and Classic Rock band
Time: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Dates: Fridays, May 25 – August 24
Place: Town Square, Downtown Northville
- May 25: Northville High School Jazz
- June 22: Theo Gridiron – Pure Detroit Soul
- June 29: Mr. Moody – Party Music
- July 6: Randy Brock – Blues
- July 13: Social Bandits – Rock/Funk/Blues
- July 20: Gia Warner – Classic Rock
- July 27: Groove Therapy – Classic Rock
- Aug 3: NO Concert – Buy Michigan Now Festival
- Aug 10: Shawn Riley – Celtic/Classic Rock
- Aug 17: Paddlebots – Soul/Pop
- Aug 24: Steve King & The Dittilies – Classic Rock
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Dates: Fridays, May 25 – Aug. 31
Place: Kellogg Park, Main Street and Penniman Avenue
- May 25: The Shawn Riley Band – Celtic/Classic Rock
- June 1: Paddlebots – Soul/Pop
- June 8: The Blue Cat Band – Blues
- June 15: Theo Gridiron – Pure Detroit Soul
- June 22: Gia Warner – Rock
- June 29: Thornetta Davis – Blues
- July 6: Larry Less and the Back in the Day Band – Funk and Soul
- July 13: NO concert due to Art in the Park
- July 20: Boogie Dynomite – 70’s Disco
- July 27: The Square Pegz – 80’s
- August 3: Mainstreet Soul – Funk
- August 10: Dale Hicks Band – Motown/70’s Rock
- August 17: Steve King & the Dittilies
- August 24: Global Village
- August 31: Magic Bus – Woodstock Era
Dates: Wednesdays, June 20 – August 29
Location: Kellogg Park, Downtown, Plymouth, MI 48170
- June 20: Earth Angels
- June 27: Nick Fugedi
- July 4: No concert
- July 11: Gemini
- July 18: Mr. Nick Davio
- July 25: Beverly Meyer, The Music Lady
- August 1: Saline Fiddlers Philharmonic
- August 8: Joel Tacey’s Tip Top Entertainment
- August 15: Earth Angels
- August 22: Chautauqua Express
- August 29: Miss Paula & The Candy Bandits