Again, this is one of those recipes where I prefer to use leftover chicken or chicken from a rotisserie chicken, although you can cook chicken too. However you choose, you will need 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken. These are some seriously delicious enchiladas (in my opinion).
5 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 sour cream (can be light)
10 oz. can of mild green enchilada sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese OR 2 cups Monterey Jack (really any Mexican style cheese)
1 cup frozen corn, thawed (I don’t always add corn)
4 oz. can diced green chiles
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
8 (8-inch) tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 dish with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, sour cream, and 1/2 the enchilada sauce (can use a mixer). Stir in one cup of cheese.
3. In another bowl, mix the chicken, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, green chiles.
4. Add chicken mixture to the cheese mixture and mix well
5. Spread about half the remaining enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
6. Spoon the filing into each tortilla, roll the tortilla up and place in the dish with the seam down.
7. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the filled tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!