Healthy Foods to Lose Belly Fat
Spread the love
The holidays are over and most of us are left with one unwanted gift…belly fat! It’s much easier to gain than lose (as we all know). The good news is there are healthy foods to lose belly fat! Of course, adding in exercise helps in losing the fat and it’s good for our overall health.
Below is a list of the top recommended healthy foods to lose belly fat:
- Fish – Fish is a high-protein, low-fat food packed with omega-3 fatty acids (the good fats). The American Heart Association recommends eating fish (particularly fatty fish) twice a week.
- Nuts – Nuts are a great source of mood-boosting magnesium. They are also the richest known food source of selenium (an antioxidant). Selenium plays a key role in metabolism. For these two reasons, people who eat more nuts sleep better, which in turn leads to less eating the next day. The healthiest nuts are brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, pecans, hazelnuts, cashews, macadamia, and peanuts.
- Milk – Milk is an excellent source of protein. It contains many other essential nutrients, including phosphorus, vitamin D, potassium, niacin, and riboflavin. Of course, milk that is lower in fat is better for body weight.
- Eggs – Eggs are loaded with protein and vitamin D which research suggests may play an important role in keeping weight off.
- Cherries – Cherries are fiber rich. Fiber helps fill up your stomach so you potentially eat less of other higher-calorie foods. They are a good source of anthocyanins (antioxidants) which boost fat-fighting enzymes.
Interesting re: nuts, though I knew they were healthy. I’m surprised by cherries as well but I do love cherries (do dried cherries count too, I wonder?).
Nice reminder, should eat more of these! 🙂
I wondered about the dried cherries too. I will research and let you know.
Mmm… I love cherries! That one surprised me a bit, but just gives me even more reason to keep eating them. 🙂
Sounds like a reasonably yummy list! I’m always bummed that I’m the only one in my family who likes fish…
I’m not a fish eater either. My husband would like me to be.
Cherries is the best! They are really rich in anti-oxidants that burns fats, fast!
I need to eat them. Do dried cherries count?