Instant Pot Multi-Cookers
Instant Pot vs. Multi-Cooker
Instant Pot…it’s talked about everywhere – television, Facebook, advertisements, and more! Although Instant Pot has become a common name in multi-cookers, Instant Pot® is actually a brand name. The Instant Pot® Company was founded in 2009 by a team of Canadian technology veterans whose objective was to enable families and professionals to prepare quality food in less time, promoting better eating and reducing the consumption of fast food. As we know today, they were successful, and many other companies have followed suit with their own multi-purpose cooker.
What is a Multi-Cooker?
A multi-cooker is an all-in-one electronic appliance that serves as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, sauté/browning pan, steamer, and warming pot all in one. This appliance can take place of many of your small cooking appliances. One gadget means less to store, less to clean, and more counter space!
Which One is Right for Me?
Size – One of the most important aspects to consider when choosing a multi-cooker is its size. The most common sizes are six quart and eight quart, although there are smaller and larger.
Wattage – The wattage (power) determines how fast the food will cook and the life-span of the cooker. Wattage for these cookers ranges from 450-1400. If you plan to use your cooker everyday, you should choose one with at least 900 watts of power. If you plan to use the cooker occasionally, a lower wattage cooker will be sufficient.
Internal Coating – Be sure that cooking pot has a high quality non-stick coating.
Brand – Look for brand names you know and trust. Read reviews on Amazon and other websites. Remember, Instant Pot® is not the only brand out there!
Highly Rated Multi-Cookers
This list is taken from many sources including online reviews and Amazon
- Breville BPR700BSS
- BLACK+DECKER 6 quart 11-in-1 Cooking Pot
- Crock-Pot 6 Qt 8-in-1 Multi-Use Express Crock
- Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt 7-in-1
- Instant Pot DUO Plus 6 Qt 9-in-1
- Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1
- Philips All-in-One Cooker
- Instant Pot® Community – This Facebook group recently hit one million members! On this page, members ask questions, post unique recipes, get useful tips, and share the joy of cooking with multi-cookers.
- Instant Pot Recipes – This Facebook page was started by the author of the recipe book, The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook. Coco (the author) shares her favorite recipes along with others from the web.
- Instant Pot for Beginners – Approval is necessary to join this group. All tricks, tips, and recipes are welcomed.
- Instant Pot ® / InstaPot Recipes & Tips for Beginners – This group is primarily for beginners, but all are welcome! Share your recipes, tips, tricks, and more!
- Instant Pot Cooks (All Pots Welcome) -This group says it’s a teaching and learning group with 12 administrators who cook who use electric pressure cookers.
- Multi Functional Cookers Recipe Swap – This group swaps multi-cooker recipes.
- Crock-Pot Express Multi Cooker Users – Users of Crock-Pot Express Multi Cooker unite to learn our machines and have fun cooking!
Thanks for this round-up! I don’t own an Instant Pot yet but I think some day I may get one. It’s funny how the Crock-Pot brand is getting in on the IP game now too – I have a regular Crock-Pot that I occasionally use.
I think you’d really like one. It’s an all in one cooker which saves time and money!
I need to find a recipe for pork chops. I need to start using things in my freezer and quit buying. Great post!
Check out some of the FB pages above. You will find lots of recipes there! Thank you!
I’ve seen all the buzz with the Instant pot cookers, but I’ve stuck with my old-fashioned crock pot 🙂 I guess I’m an ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ kind of cook 😀
Whoa the multi-pot sounds better for me! I need an easy maker for rice & yogurt.
I don’t own an instant pot. I am interested in getting one but they sounded so complicated. Thanks for explaining them.
It is so handy for quick meals. Plus I use it as a slow cooker quite a bit.