Southeast Michigan Tree Lighting Ceremonies and Parades
Kickoff the holiday season by heading to one of the many Christmas tree lightings or parades! I’ve teamed up with three other bloggers to bring you Southeast Michigan Tree Lighting Ceremonies and Parades. Below is a list of events in Wayne County.
Southeast Michigan Tree Lighting Ceremonies and Parades
Mrs Weber’s Neighborhood Livingston County Tree Lighting Ceremonies and Christmas Parades
Metro Detroit Mommy Oakland County Tree Lighting Ceremonies and Christmas Parades
Ann Arbor With Kids Washtenaw County Tree Lighting Ceremonies and Christmas Parades
Redesigning Happiness Wayne County Tree Lighting Ceremonies and Christmas Parades
- Location: Kellogg Park, Downtown Plymouth
- Time: 7 pm
- Description: Downtown Plymouth and the Salvation Army will hold their annual tree lighting ceremony beginning at 7:00 p.m. There will be entertainment by the PCEP Choir, 104.3 and the Salvation Army Brass Band. Bring non-perishable food items for the Salvation Army’s food pantry and be entered to win gift certificates from downtown merchants. The first 100 guests will receive a free gift.
- Location: 2938 Biddle Ave., Wyandotte
- Description: Visitors are welcome at the tree lighting at the intersection of Sycamore and Biddle Avenue, where they are given jingle bells to join in with the choir. Festive decorations
surround the guests along with live reindeer and other cheerful activities!
Christmas Parade (Wyandotte)
- Location: Downtown Wyandotte
- Time: 10 am – noon
- Description: Join Wyandotte’s elected officials, bands, clowns, floats and many more entertaining groups in welcoming our special guest Santa Claus!
Tree Lighting and Lighted Christmas Parade (Allen Park)
- Location: 15504 Englewood, Allen Park, MI
- Time: Tree Lighting 6 pm, Lighted Parade 6:30 pm
- Description: Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Historical House at 15504 Englewood. Lighted Christmas Parade from the Historical House, down Park Avenue to White Avenue, ending at the Allen Park Community Center
Detroit Tree Lighting Ceremony (Detroit)
- Address: Campus Martius Park
- Time: 5 pm – midnight
- Description: Kickoff the holiday season with spectacular live entertainment, including Olympic skaters and musical guests. The night will also feature horse-drawn carriage rides, food trucks and bars, Visits with Santa and the Channel 955 Official Rink Opening Party!FREE shuttles will run between Campus Martius Park to Beacon Park from 4:30 p.m. to midnight with pick-up/drop-off locations at Michigan and Griswold and First and Plaza. At Beacon Park, guests can watch a live stream of Detroit’s Tree Lighting and enjoy live performances inside the heated Winter Lodge tent.Santa will also make an appearance at Beacon Park, alongside the incredible, larger-than-life holiday lighting installments and the Detroit Children’s Tree, which all transforms the park into a winter wonderland!An assortment of food and beverage will be available including food trucks, restaurants, bars, hot chocolate, and more.
- Location: Downtown Northville
- Description: Hometown Holiday is a community celebration that kicks off the holiday season. The celebration begins with the parade and the ceremonial lighting of the Christmas tree in Town Square. Northville is decorated in holiday splendor to warm your hearts which will get you in the holiday spirit. Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, sip free hot chocolate, community sign-a-long and enjoy the special events planned.
- Location: Ford Community & Performing Arts Center, 15801 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126
- Time: 5:45 – 8 pm
- Description: Dearborn will mark the beginning of the end-of-the-year holiday season Monday, November 25, with the city’s annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and sing-along at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center. The free event, a longstanding City of Dearborn Government tradition, gets underway at 6:30 p.m. when Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr., assisted by Ari Sulollari, a kindergarten student at Nowlin Elementary School, will light the ceremonial city Christmas tree outside the Michael A Guido Theater’s west entrance. The festivities will then move into the theater for holiday performances by the Dearborn Community Concert Band and the Dearborn Public Schools Elementary & Secondary Honors Choirs.
Santa’s Arrival (Plymouth)
- Location: Downtown Plymouth, 850 W. Ann Arbor Trail, Plymouth, MI 48170
- Time: 6:30-8:30 pm
- Description: Santa Arrives in Kellogg Park on a Fire Engine to great children and their parents. The trees will be lit, Santa’s House will be open and there will be a celebration on stage when he arrives with a magician.
Winterfest Parade & Tree Lighting (Taylor)
- Location: Heritage Park, 12111 Pardee Rd, Taylor, MI 48180
- Time: See website for more info.
- Description: The City of Taylor will welcome in the holiday season during its annual Winterfest on Saturday, November 30. The celebration will include the first-ever Winterfest 5K, holiday parade, opening of Santa’s Magic Forest, Fill the F-350 Toy Drive, official tree lighting celebration and fireworks display.
- Location: Commons Corner
- Time: See website
- Description: Sing carols; enjoy hot chocolate and count down to the lighting of the community Christmas tree in the Commons Corner.
Canton Tree Lighting (Canton)
- Location: Summit on the Park, 46000 Summit Parkway
Canton, MI 48188
- Time: 6:00 pm-8:30 pm
- Description: Annual Tree Lighting Celebration Kick off the holiday season with the annual Township Tree Lighting Event. The ‘official’ tree will be lit in front of the Summit on the Park at 6:30pm and special festivities will take place both indoors and outdoors. Join us for seasonal entertainment, crafts, activities, refreshments, and visits with Santa! The Kiwanis Club of Canton will be onsite during this event selling Holiday trees!
Brownstown’s A Holiday Night (Brownstown Township)
- Location: Brownstown Community Center
- Time: 6-8 pm
- Description: The tradition will continue this year as Santa arrives with a parade down King Road to the Clock Tower entrance where the tree lighting ceremony will take place at 6 p.m. During the evening, Santa will hear children’s wishes. Visitors strolling along DuChene Drive toward the Historical Museum and Event Center will enjoy entertainment from the stage, the taste of holiday food, carolers, ice sculptures, live reindeer, a petting farm and more. Step into Christmases past at the Historical Museum and shop in the Holiday Market. Raffle tickets will be provided to every child for an opportunity to win a girls and boys bicycle, along with other prizes for adults.
- Location: Downtown Trenton
- Time: 6 – 7 pm
- Description: The Trenton Civic Commission and Parks and Recreation have once again teamed up to kick-off the holiday season in a big way with the annual “Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony.” Stroll downtown and welcome Santa and Mrs. Claus to Trenton. The downtown streets will be all aglow with hand-held candles illuminating the parade route. The Parade begins at 6 p.m. Following the Tree Lighting Ceremony, all are invited to Trenton City Hall for the Parade afterglow and awards.
- Location: Trenton Firestation 1
- Time: 3-5 pm
- Description: Santa and his helpers will be making their debut at 200 Maple for “Santa at the Station”. Visit Trenton’s historic firehouse to meet the crew, explore the firetrucks, and experience a working fire station! Make sure you bring your camera, as there will be photo opportunities with Santa, and your appetite as refreshments will be provided. For more information, please call (734) 676-1314.