Wayne County Tree Lightings & Christmas Parades
Things may look a little different this year when it comes to holiday events. While some communities have scheduled their activites, others are still in the process (or have cancelled). Below is a list of events that I’ve found so far. As we know, changes can happen at any time, so be sure to visit the community websites for updates.
Tree Lighting: Fri, Nov 20 – 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Parade: Sat, Nov 21 – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Location: 2938 Biddle Ave., Wyandotte
- Time: See above
- Description: The City of Wyandotte is currently planning their winter events. The Tree Lighting will take place, Friday, November 20th at dusk at Sycamore and Biddle Avenue and the 77th Annual Christmas Parade is scheduled for Saturday, November 21st 2020 at 10 am. Visit website for more information.
- Location: Community Center
- Time: Tree Lighting 6 pm, Lighted Parade 6:30 pm
- Description: See website for more info.
- Address: Your Home (virtual)
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Description: The Downtown Detroit Partnership (DDP), WXYZ CH7, and the DTE Foundation are proud to usher in the spirit of the holiday season with a reimagined 17th annual Detroit Tree Lighting Ceremony experience. Metro Detroiters can watch WXYZ’s “Light Up the Season” pre-recorded tree lighting special at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20 from the comfort and safety of their homes. Santa will make a special appearance from the North Pole to help flip the switch on 19,000 lights on the Michigan-grown tree. No public tree lighting event will be held this year at Campus Martius Park.
- Location: Parks throughout Plymouth
- Time: 5:45-7:15 pm
- Description: Santa will travel around town to visit boys and girls at their neighborhood parks: Fairground, Lions Club, Wilcox, Garden Club, Rotary, Hough, Kiwanis, Starkweather and Knights of Columbus parks. Santa will be addressing the kids from the fire truck, and will have a special message for those in attendance. See link for more information.
November 27-January 3
- Location: Kellogg Park
- Time: Dusk
- Description: Enjoy trees lining the walkways of Kellogg Park decorated by local businesses and organizations in the Plymouth Community. The trees are officially lit the day after Thanksgiving and remain up until the New Year. Come enjoy the trees, shop for the Holidays and enjoy a wonderful meal in one of our many restaurants.
November 19-Jan. 10
- Location: Various locations
- Time: See website for more info.
- Description: Come walk with family through a winter wonderland of unique, interactive high-tech light shows, holiday displays and characters throughout the historic Coan Lake area, Heritage Park Petting Farm, and the Taylor Conservatory and Botanical Gardens! Visit website for more information and tickets.
- Location: Your Home (virtual event)
- Time: 6:30 pm
- Description: Light Up the Night Canton! Join in virtually to view the lighting of the official Canton Township Holiday Tree with special guests and performances. We are encouraging residents to help us light up the night and turn your holiday displays “on” with us at 6:30pm. Check out of our Facebook page for fun social media contests and activities.