5 Health Benefits of Garlic
Garlic is a plant that has been used throughout history because of its health and medicinal properties. It is high in a sulfur compound called Allicin, which is believed to bring most of the health benefits. Allicin is known to have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant properties.
Although there are many health benefits of garlic, I am going to list just 5 health benefits of garlic.
1. Garlic is Highly Nutritious but Very Low in Calories
1 ounce serving of garlic contains 42 calories. It is very rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Manganese.
2. Garlic can Combat Sickness, Including the Common Cold
Garlic is known to boost the function of the immune system because of its antioxidants.
3. The Active Compounds in Garlic can Reduce Blood Pressure
High doses of garlic have been shown to reduce blood pressure (talk to your doctor about taking high doses).
4. Garlic can Help Hyperthyroid Conditions
It contains high levels of iodine which makes it a very effective treatment for hyperthyroid conditions.
5. Cardiovascular Disease can be Reduced by Ingesting Garlic
The LDL in cholesterol and the aortic plaque deposits that gather on the walls of your body’s veins can be reduced with the use of garlic.